Narcos

Discussion in 'Music, TV, Cinema and The Arts' started by britbox, Nov 12, 2015.

1. britbox

britbox Multiple Major Winner

Anybody else seen Narcos on Netflix?

It's a series based on Columbian King-Pin Pablo Escobar.

Watched Episode 1 last night and getting stuck into it.  First episode was dynamite - I'm thinking this is going to be good.

2. brokenshoelace

brokenshoelace Masters Champion

Heard some great things about the show. Haven't seen it yet but it's definitely on my to do list, along side Amber Heard.

3. britbox

@brokenshoelace - Just finished Season 1 of Narcos and definitely worth a watch.  There is only one season to date but I believe they are working on  a second (and probably final season).

It's on Netflix.  I wouldn't say it's dynamite - just very good.

4. brokenshoelace

brokenshoelace Masters Champion

@britbox I'll be watching season 1 over the weekend. I heard it's historically accurate so that's a definite plus.

5. Twisted

Twisted Major Winner

Very good show. I was pleasantly surprised they are having a second season as I figured it'd be just 1.

6. britbox

Well, the Escobar story still has legs for a season 2 (due in 2016).  I can't see them getting any more seasons beyond that  out of ole Pablo, but wondering whether they'll either stop there or transfer it to another narco operation for future seasons.

7. Twisted

Twisted Major Winner

Yes it still has legs, I just thought midway through the season that they would get to the end of the story by the finale.  I'm glad there is more to come.

And hopefully you're right about them doing future seasons on other narcos. True Detective and Fargo are two notable recent shows that completely switched gears (storyline, actors, etc) after the first season while keeping the same theme.

Anyone watch Jessica Jones? Pretty good show but Daredevil it is not.

8. britbox

I haven't seen Jessica Jones, but a guy at work keeps promoting Fargo.. so maybe that's my next viewing. Is Fargo on Netflix?

9. Twisted

Twisted Major Winner

I don't think the first season is on Netflix yet.  It is in the 2nd season right now and I haven't watched or heard if it's good.  The first season was phenomenal and it starred Billy Bob Thornton and Martin Freeman.